A small step to a better tomorrow
Tackling the challenge of climate change requires new approaches and ways of thinking to ensure the continued health, welfare, and productivity of society and the natural environment.
At Titan, we’ve made this challenge an integral part of our processes: from a climate change policy that works as a framework for institutionalising and internalising change, to addressing critical questions such as a carbon management strategy, we believe in doing our bit.
Fostering Ethical Growth / Growth through Change
In a world that is increasingly grappling with the effects of climate change, it is time for us to step up to ensure a better future for all of humanity.
Climate change represents a serious challenge—one that would require new approaches and ways of thinking to preserve health, welfare, and productivity of society and the natural environment.
Titan is taking up this challenge and making it integral to its processes. Titan’s climate change policy works as a framework for change and ensures that the changes taking place are institutionalised and internalised. The policy addresses critical questions confronting the company’s businesses on the environmental front, such as carbon management strategy, and has helped formulate policies that can deal effectively with issues that impact climate change.
Over the years, there has been considerable progress in terms of developing abatement strategies, increasing awareness and determining best practices. From mitigation mechanisms to using efficient processes and innovative ideas to create sustainable products, Titan is committed to doing its bit for the environment.
Some key initiatives include:
• Investing in environmentally sustainable processes in terms of raw material acquisition, vendor management, manufacturing and recycling.
• Pursuance of Environmental Management Systems at the factory level to help mitigate and prevent risks. For instance, Titan’s lens manufacturing facility is currently in the early stages of implementing ISO14001.
• The use of renewable energy is a large part of our environment risk mitigation. About 54% of our overall electricity consumption is powered by wind energy.
• Huge investments in solar systems at the factory at Hosur and significant inroads in installing solar systems at retail stores.
• Monitoring of specific consumption of energy and water and developing minimization initiatives.
• Setting up of reverse osmosis (RO) water systems; commissioning of a thermal energy storage system and an industrial dishwasher to reduce fuel consumption and fresh water consumption.
• Installation of Light Emitting Diode (LED) lighting at factory locations and retail stores as well as the purchase of star-rated laptops and air conditioners.
• Recycling of brass scrap and Gold; processing bio-waste from our canteens and factories through a vermi-compost system; and the replacement of Trichloroethylene that was used in all the cleaning processes of watch making with the more environmentally sustainable material.